[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Joseph Fowler" <jfowler at serck dash controls dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  No Route to Host
 Date:  Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:48:14 +0100
Hi,

As a newbie to m0n0wall, I was trying to support a home user via pptp client
connected to m0n0wall by VNC'ing to their desktop, but I can't ping the
client's IP address as I get message of "no route to host"? Was using 1.21
but have just updated to 1.22 just in case.

I've supplied a quick overview of the current network structure as a guide
to my problem.

From the attached diagram, PC1 & PC2 cannot ping home user (172.31.2.192).
"destination host unavailable" appears with the m0n0wall's gateway address
instead of the client machine.

I also cannot use the ping/traceroute within m0n0wall to home user as "no
route to host" also appears 3 times 100% loss.

I have Firewall rules in PPTP VPN for pptp clients to access the network and
within LAN I have ICMP from LAN Net to any. Client can connect to the
network with no problems.

I've tried general network and explicit rules for the PC1 and PC2 machines
to PPTP clients within LAN rules, but without success.

Am I missing something in regards to rules/settings for accessing PPTP
clients via m0n0wall?

Any help is very much appreciated as always.

Kind Regards,
John

Serck Controls Ltd, Rowley Drive, Coventry, CV3 4FH, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 24 7630 5050   Fax: +44 (0) 24 7630 2437
Web: www.serck-controls.com  Admin: post at serck dash controls dot co dot uk
A subsidiary of Serck Controls Pty. Ltd. Reg. in England No. 4353634
This email and files transmitted with it are confidential and
the above. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Serck Controls Ltd.

This message has been checked by MessageLabs