[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Outlook pptp using kerberos auth broken after 1.21 upgrade?
 Date:  Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:35:22 -0400
After upgrading one of our main firewalls to 1.21, users with PCs joined
to the windows domain using kerberos for Outlook can no longer
authenticate with the Exchange server. If I force Outlook to use NTLM
authentication, everything works fine. Previously we were using version
1.11 and this problem did not exist.

Was anything changed with PPTP in 1.21 that would have caused this, or
is there something I need to do to make this work? Firewall rules for
PPTP are fully open with no restrictions.

Later today I will try to revert back to 1.11 and see if that fixes the
problem, just to be sure it was a version change issue and not something
else.

Thanks,
Josh Simoneau
Head Chef Specializing in Endangered Species