[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Dugas <paul at dugas dot cc>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Help Debugging PPTP Problem
 Date:  Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:00:21 -0400
So I posted to the list earlier about my PPTP problems and got a couple
"it should work" responses.  I've not had the time to work on further
investigation but now I really need to get this working.  I'll be on it
over the weekend so I figured I'd post to see if someone had suggestions
as to where to start.  I'll recap...

At home:
  [XP] <-> {home} <-> [m0n0] <-pppoe-> {ISP}

At work:
  {office} <-> [m0n0] <-> {dmz} <-> [netopia] <-pppoe-> {ISP}

The [netopia] has a static address from the ISP and it's setup to NAT
all traffic through to the WAN side of the m0n0 box.  Both m0n0 boxes
are running 1.21.  The one at the office is on a Soekris board while the
home unit is an old Nortel box.  Inbound NAT rules on both m0n0 boxes
are operating properly exposing internal web and VoIP services.  No
problems for internal clients with normal traffic.  M0n0 rocks!

So, I'm trying to get access to machines on the {office} network from
the [XP] machine on the {home} network via PPTP.  I'm getting errors on
the [XP] machine indicating it failed to negotiate the connection.  I
suspect the NAT'ing of the [netopia] box is my problem.  Perhaps MTUs?

Can anyone suggest a place to start looking for the cause of this?

Thanks in advance,

Paul
--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer                Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas dot cc        phone: 404-932-1355     522 Black Canyon Park