[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ITS IMPOSSIBLE Re: [m0n0wall] NAT bug - reaching LAN AP from internet
 Date:  Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:27:12 +0200
On 14.04.06 11:58 -0700, Chris Flugstad wrote:

>> that i have port forwarding setup using "jgate".  so i put in my
>> wan ip XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3333 and it forwards that port to the LAN

I don't know exactly what jgate is or how it works, but it doesn't
seem to do NAT/PAT - rather, it looks like it's a simple TCP proxy.
Since with that solution, as far as the AP is concerned, the TCP
connection comes from the Linux box (rather than the Internet host
that you're trying to connect from), the AP doesn't need a default
gateway to respond.

>> IP of the AP.  On
>> these 3 AP's I have they dont have a default Gateway setup on
>> them, and I can access them remotely.  For some reason with the

You must set a default gateway. Otherwise it won't work with
m0n0wall, since it doesn't include a TCP proxy - so the APs need a
way to send packets back to the Internet.

- Manuel