[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ITS IMPOSSIBLE Re: [m0n0wall] NAT bug - reaching LAN AP from internet
 Date:  Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:02:39 -0400
On 4/14/06, Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com> wrote:
> When you say the default gateway,  I have the 192.168.10.1 of the LAN on the
> m0n0wall set in the AP.  Still doesnt work.  Have you gotten this to work?

That's the way it's supposed to work, but from many similar posts in
the past, default gateways on AP's just don't work much of the time.
If you're NAT'ing to anything, you need a functioning default gateway
because the source IP is going to be from a network outside the AP's
subnet.  i.e. if your AP is 192.168.10.2/24, if the source IP isn't
192.168.10.x, it can't reply without a default gateway.  NAT'ed
packets coming in from the Internet will have a source IP of the
public IP address on the Internet you're coming from.

-Chris