[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Larry Gadea" <trivex at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DynDNS abuse
 Date:  Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:42:42 -0400
As with anyone setting up a firewall, I need to try multiple options
and such and often found myself rebooting my m0n0wall computer many
times. I use m0n0wall to update my DynDNS account. Today, I received
an email from DynDNS claiming that I am abusing their servers by
updating too much. I understand the reason, but shouldn't there be
some kind of minimum update time? Perhaps a future version of m0n0wall
should contain a fix to not allow updates to be too frequent, even if
you're rebooting a lot. Thanks.