[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: DynDNS abuse
 Date:  Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:12:20 -0500
From: "Marc R. Meshurle Jr." <MarcM at katotech dot com>

> Have you tried using no-ip.com as a DynDNS provider? I'm very happy with
> their updates, and have only experienced one outage with them in 4
> years. I'd like to see no-ip.com added as a ddns provider on the next
> release on m0n0.  Other providers such as sonicwall (I have a couple of
> customers using sonicwalls) have that option built in to their ddns
> client settings.

I do have a friend using no-ip with a lot of his clients, and he is very
happy with it.  That said, I have about 30 dyndns addresses, and I only had
this problem once.  I e-mailed them saying, essentially, "WTF?" and they
were incredibly helpful.  They sent me ALL the logs, and turned it back on.
They did say, I had 3 days to figure it out, or it went back off... :-)
After making a fresh config from scratch on a local firewall, I pushed it
up, and the problem was gone.  Without the help of dyndns, I would have had
to fly up to the customer location.  Needless to say, I am very happy.

                        Lee