[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Quark IT - Hilton Travis" <Hilton at quarkit dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Can`t choose the media type (BNC or UTP)
 Date:  Fri, 14 Apr 2006 06:11:19 +1000
Hi Sergei,

I have some rather old information on the http://www.QuarkAV.com/
website about these NICs - they were, by far, the best NICs available in
their day.  The information is in the "SmoothWall GPL 1.0" section
(which is the firewall I was using (and on the development team for)
before I found m0n0wall.

Basically, use the 3com software to choose the Media Type, and away you
go.  HOWEVER in m0n0wall, DO NOT disable PnP (like you had to with
SmoothWall) as m0n0wall handles these cards a lot better than SmoothWall
did.

Now, in addition to this, I have to ask WHY you are still using 10Base5
in 2006???

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                          Phone: +61 (0)7 3344 3889

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT