[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alexander Shafizadeh" <alex at starcompco dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Monowall on Vocalware IP server with ZNYX 414 card
 Date:  Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:16:53 -0400
I have the latest monowall
<http://m0n0.ch/wall/download.php?file=generic-pc-1.22.img>
generic-pc-1.22.img Image installed on a CF card in a Vocalware IP server,
which is a P3 500 machine with a hotplug CompactPCI chassis and an onboard
CF slot.  The onboard NIC is an Intel Pro 100 card and operates 100%, the
chassis has one four port ZNYX ZX414 Compact PCI card installed.  When cold
booted Monowall sees all the interaces on the ZNYX 414 card however none of
the interfaces will link up.

However if the machine is booted to a knoppix or a Windows PE CD, and then
warm booted to monowall's CF card, all the interfaces operate properly.  I
know that the ZNYX card has its own drivers for BSD, and I am looking for a
way to integrate them into monowall.  I modified the boot folder and the
loader.rc on the CF image to include the kernel module mentioned in
http://www.znyx.com/support/drivers/driverdocs/dc013602.pdf however I am
unsure of how to modify the kernel image to make this work.

This is the first time I have tried to significantly modify monowall, and I
am unsure of how to proceed.

Alexander Shafizadeh
alex at starcompco dot com