[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bloking NetBios
 Date:  Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:28:36 -0600

> Well yes Wirelesses stuff mostly...
> But let's talk bout Ethernet only... because have D-Link DSA-3100 which
> does
> block Ethernet clients without any problems...

If I understand correctly you can block all wired clients from seeing each
other using the DSA-3100?  I'm not familiar with this product but from a
quick read it looks like it uses a type of "port based" VLAN - meaning the
public port and communicate with the WAN port and the private port can
communicate with the WAn port, the public and private ports can not
communicate.  If you do have two clients on (for example) the public port,
they will be able to see each other unless there is something between them
to block those specific ports.  So, if you have two clients plugged into a
switch, they will be able to see each other regardless of whether or not the
3100 is plugged into the switch or not.

Aaron