[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kevin Tollison" <kevin at kwtassoc dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Rsync over SSH to Internal Server
 Date:  Tue, 18 Apr 2006 07:42:15 -0400
I am having a problem getting to servers behind m0n0wall boxes.

Here is the setup

Server1 -->  m0n0wall -->  Internet --> m0n0wall --> Server2

We are trying to run a rsync job from server1 pulling data from server2

I configured both servers locally and ran the initial backup locally, then
moved the server2 to its new location.

Initially I have tried to just SSH to the server2 from server1 with no
success.  The connection just times out.

My rules are as follows.   NAT for port 22 and 873 to server on both sides.
Firewall rules to allow all traffic from WAN IP on both sides.
Initially I just set it up to allow just the ports and protocols I needed,
with no luck. So then I opened it up completely with only an IP address
restriction,  still nothing.

Hopefully I am missing something simple.  Let me know if you need any more
information or clarification.

--
Kevin Tollison