[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Antonios Vakaloudis" <antvak at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] In/out errors
 Date:  Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:03:40 +0200
On the status_interfaces.php, does it show in/out errors for the total
uptime?
I noticed the In/out errors 153/188 today, and I remember that it was 0/0
last time
I checked.
I dont know how much time has passed in between

On 4/18/06, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

> From: "sai" <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
> On 4/18/06, Antonios Vakaloudis <antvak at gmail dot com> wrote:
>
> > > I got some In/out errors on my interfaces.
> > > In/out errors 0/2  on my WAN
> > > In/out errors 153/188 on my LAN
>
> > > Should I be worried about this? How can I check this further?
>
> > I've seen this happen where the cabling/modem on the WAN/switch on the
> > LAN/DSL line/ is bad. The number of  errors is nothing to worry about
> > but will probably increase as the bad hardware deteriorates. The
> > errors will slow down your throughput, is all.
>
> Other than it is on his LAN port.  :-)  Over how much time was this?  A
> bad
> switch, nic or cable will cause this.  But if that was over a month, it is
> not worth the trouble to fix it.  If it is over a day, however...
>
>                         Lee

My GPG signature
http://speedie.mine.nu/gpg/antvak_at_gmail.com_public_GPG.txt