[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marko Vukovic <marko at aquamanta dot co dot za>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Http request redirect to Squid
 Date:  Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:05:04 +0200
On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 16:04 -0400, Ernesto Rojas Rodriguez wrote:

> I would like to redirect all http request made to the monowall  by clients
> of the LAN  to a machine running
>
> Squid, to take advantage of this service. I have the Squid running on a Pc
> on the LAN.

Hi Ernesto

This has been dealt with several times on this list. My suggestion was
to:
a) Allow HTTP traffic outbound thru the m0n0wall only for the Squid box.
b) Enable port forwarding on your Squid box.
c) Configure Squid for transparent caching.
d) In your m0n0wall's dhcp configuration, create a custom
<gateway>x.x.x.x</gateway> entry pointing to your Squid box so that it
becomes the default gateway for your LAN clients.

Ciao!
--
Marko