[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] In/out errors
 Date:  Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:42:20 -0400
On 4/18/06, Antonios Vakaloudis <antvak at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On the status_interfaces.php, does it show in/out errors for the total
> uptime?
> I noticed the In/out errors 153/188 today, and I remember that it was 0/0
> last time
> I checked.
> I dont know how much time has passed in between

More important than time passed is what percentage of total packets
are errors.  If you have a million packets and 150 errors, I'd keep an
eye on it but not try to fix it.  If you had 1000 packets and 150
errors, it's something you need to fix.  Possible causes are duplex
mismatch (but typically only if you see a pretty high percentage of
errors), bad cabling, bad NIC, bad switch port, etc.  Typically some
piece of hardware misbehaving.

-Chris