[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Http request redirect to Squid
 Date:  Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:24:52 +0100
Hi,

In message <1145394465 dot 10693 dot 63 dot camel at localhost dot localdomain>, Marko
Vukovic <marko at aquamanta dot co dot za> writes
>On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 19:25 +0100, Neil A. Hillard wrote:
>> Using an intercepting proxy is particularly nasty.  I have 3500 clients
>> using squid, configured using WPAD and don't have any problems.
>
>Nasty why?

The best example I can find at the moment (can't remember where it was
documented before) is:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/webcaching/chapter/ch05.html

Essentially, it was never designed to work that way, which is why it's
best to tell the client that it's going through a proxy.

HTH,

                                Neil.