[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andrew Farley <andrew at neonsurge dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Quick question? ;)
 Date:  Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:22:58 -0700
Well, just setup my first m0n0wall router a week ago, a Soekris net4801.
Works beautiful, the m0n0wall distro is beautiful and clean.  Completely
takes the hardcore-ness out of having a linux/bsd-based router (except the
traffic shaping which is a hardcore concept on itself).  Great job!  ;)  I
hope to be contributing now via bug reports and the occasional feature
request/coding.

My quick question is, why was OpenVPN removed from the distro as of 1.20?  I
can't quite seem to find any reasoning behind it, I've searched docs, faqs,
changelogs, mailing list archives, etc.  I see some of the m0n0 docs mention
and advertise the OpenVPN being in the distro, and some third-party sites
have a older beta of m0n0 with OpenVPN, but I tend to like the recent
version and non-beta released.  ;)  That was one initial turn-on to m0n0,
was the docs I was reading original (from v1.2b) mentioned OpenVPN.

I'm a big fan of OpenVPN to say the least.  Anyone working' on putting
OpenVPN back in, or know why it's out?  Can I help anyone with the
(re)development of this into m0n0?

Thanks guys,

Andrew Farley
Hosting / Support / Programming / Administration
www.neonsurge.com