[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] System Setup
 Date:  Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:38:03 +0200
Heya

> The system that is running m0n0wall is just a Pentium III 550 MHz (with
> standard hardware, 2 x Ethernet cards), everything seems to work fine during
> boot up but I get a hard error reading (but doesn't occur when the hard
> drive is disconnected) - if that error is related to why I can't detect the
> system then let me know otherwise it is the last of my worries.

Did you yet boot up the m0n0wall system correctly, assign the NICs and
set up the WebGUI password at the console?
I'd rather try another HDD, write the m0n0wall image to it and try that one.

> Should there be two Ethernet cards on the system that is running m0n0wall
> for network and internet?

There HAVE to be two NICs for local network and the WAN-side, it won't
work with just one NIC.

Greetings
Carsten Holbach