[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Peter K." <peter dot k at gmx dot at>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] pptp vpn - upstream problems
 Date:  Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:16:55 +0200 (MEST)
my guess is that it might have something to do with the mtu size, but i have
to say that i do not really understand where you would change those values.

on the client which connects to the m0n0 pptp server?
where on the client, the pptp adapter or the lan adapter or everywhere?

on the m0n0 wan interface? this is what i tried since this is an ppoe
connection to the isp. no success.

my understanding would be modifying the mtu sizes only on the m0n0 wan
interface and/or pptp-adapters on xp. everything else could/would break
other, working connections.

i really don't understand this issue, why do some connections work without
any problems others can establish the tunnel, do downstream traffic but fail
when upstreaming.

any ideas?

> Von: "Peter K." <peter dot k at gmx dot at>
> An: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
> Betreff: [m0n0wall] pptp vpn - upstream problems
> Datum: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:31:09 +0200 (MEST)
>
> hello,
>
> i am having very strange problems with pptp-connections.
> (xp->m0n0)
> depending on the type of connection, uploading a file to the remote server
> stalls to the point where xp tells you ".. networkname not found..", or
> "lost" or something like this.
> files then exist with the right size but only binary null-content
>
> the problem is, that some connection-situations work, others not.
> isp1 -> m0n0-1 (1.22 on isp A) problem
> isp1 -> m0n0-2 (1.21 on isp B) ok
> isp2 -> m0n0-1, -2 ok
>
> seems that some connection-variants are not working and it only breaks
> when
> uploading to the remote end. you can access and fetch files from the
> remote
> connection without any problems.
>
> initially i thought that there is a problem with umts-card-connections but
> it works with m0n0-2 which is 1.21.
>
> anyone any idea?
> peter
>
> --

> "Feel free" mit GMX DSL! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

GMX Produkte empfehlen und ganz einfach Geld verdienen!