[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tim Vaughan" <talltim at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  MX support in DNS forwarded
 Date:  Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:37:42 +0100
Hi,

Apologies if this has been discussed in the list before (I searched
but could only find this thread:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=24/90 with no responses).  Is
it possible to define MX records in the DNS forwarder?  I know that
dnsmasq supports it - if it's not possible through the GUI, is there a
way of doing it through exec.php?

Basically, I want to set up a mail server for a LAN that is not
accessible to or from the internet.  I know that I can do this using a
Linux distro such as SME server but I'd rather keep the m0n0wall as
the router/dhcp/dns server and not that the SME server exposed to the
internet or serving DNS queries.

Tim