[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lew Maggio" <lew at lsfc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  multiple wans
 Date:  Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:54:34 -0500
I'm running m0n0wall at an office, currently with DSL, and thinking
about adding a cable modem to the mix.  I'm not really interested in
load balancing, but what I want is failover so if DSL or cable goes
down, the internet stays alive.  Although utilizing bandwidth from
both lines would be good, it's not completely necessary.

T1 = $1000 a month minimum.  Cable and DSL = 160 a month.  If both
cable and DSL go down at the same time it would obviously be a telco
backbone in which case a T1 wouldn't keep working either.

Is m0n0wall capable of running this configuration?  I think there's
some variant of m0n0 that has failover according to google, but it
doesn't seem to be current.