[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sergey KUZNETSOV" <bakayama at yandex dot ru>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Need help in modifying configuration
 Date:  Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:15:34 +0900
Hello, sorry for the novice question.
I've recently installed monowall on a PC that serves a small network. But the load of the firewall
is pretty intense, so reading the FAQ on monowall site i found a tweak on how to increase
productivity of the server.

    It says: "Add a line like the following to the /boot/loader.rc on the image.
    set kern.ipc.nmbclusters=32768".

The only problem here is how can i edit the file. There is no option in the web gui to edit it,
neither can i access the harddisk. I tried to boot the monowall pc with bsd livecd and mount the
hard disk, but it didn't work. Is there any way to accomplish this task? I'm new to bsd/linux
operating systems (been using windows mostly), but the router works better with monowall than any
other windows solution.
Thanks in advance.
Sergey