[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Quick question? ;)
 Date:  Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:28:35 -0400
On 4/18/06, Andrew Farley <andrew at neonsurge dot com> wrote:

> My quick question is, why was OpenVPN removed from the distro as of 1.20?  I
> can't quite seem to find any reasoning behind it, I've searched docs, faqs,
> changelogs, mailing list archives, etc.

The implementation broke firewall rules on optional interfaces.  I
believe this is fixed in pfsense, so if you want to tackle fixing it
in m0n0wall, you might want to start with the code base there, or ask
on one of the mailing lists, forum, or IRC.  One of the devs would
probably explain how it was done.

-Chris