[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: DynDNS abuse
 Date:  Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:12:37 -0400
On 4/16/06, Marc R. Meshurle Jr. <MarcM at katotech dot com> wrote:
> Have you tried using no-ip.com as a DynDNS provider? I'm very happy with
> their updates, and have only experienced one outage with them in 4
> years. I'd like to see no-ip.com added as a ddns provider on the next
> release on m0n0.

The services that are supported are supported by ez-ipupdate, the
dyndns client in m0n0wall.  The problem with a lot of the services
like no-ip.com that are suggested regularly is the client to support
them would require adding things like perl, which would greatly
increase the image size just to support one additional dyndns service.
 If additional services can be added without drastically increasing
the image size, I'm sure such a change would likely be added if
someone wants to contribute it.

-Chris