[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Dexter <michael at exchangenet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPsec tunnel problems
 Date:  Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:06:41 -0700
So I'm trying to get an IPsec tunnel setup between to remote locations
that are both going to be behind monowalls.

Currently I'm trying to get them talking with each other here at my
office before I take down my clients network. The problem is that the
diagnostics: IPsec say: No IPsec security associations. These
associations are supposed to automatic right?

LAN1 --- Mono1 --- Internet --- Mono2 --- LAN2

So here is the configurations on the boxes:

Monowall1:
WAN xxx.xxx.xxx.143 (static)
LAN 10.0.1.0/32
IPsec tunnel:
Local net: LAN
Remote net: 10.0.2.0/32
Interface: WAN
Remote Gateway: 1.123.123.10
P1 Mode : aggressive
P1 Enc. Algo: Blowfish
P1 Hash Algo: SHA1
Identifier: My IP Address
Pre-shared key: aaaa

Monowall2:
WAN 1.123.123.10 (static)(temporary for testing)
LAN 10.0.2.0/32
IPsec Tunnel:
Local net: LAN
Remote Net: 10.0.1.0/32
Interface: WAN
Remote Gateway: xxx.xxx.xxx.143
P1 Mode : aggressive
P1 Enc. Algo: Blowfish
P1 Hash Algo: SHA1
Identifier: My IP Address
Pre-shared key: aaaa

When this tunnel is finally working I should see a IPsec security
association in the log file and be able to access shared resources on
the other subnet right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.