[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Edward <edwardglodgett at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  [m0n0wall] Identd Issues
 Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2006 01:27:17 -0400
Hola Folks,

I'm hosting two servers behind my monowall on the dmz interface.
My monowall is a duron 800mhz with 512mb pc133

Both are running oidentd. I switch between the two servers ( which one would
actually handle the request).

I created a nat entry for port 113 with a check box for auto creating the
firewall rule.
All seems fine.. i see the request come in ( i'm using tcpdump to monitor
the interface looking for auth packets).
I see the auth request come in and my machine replies..  only the server on
the other end never gets it..
I would experience the same problem pointed to either server so at that
point i knew it wasn't a single machine.
So i decided to setup a test. Why? before i was running smoothwall and ipcop
and hadn't had an issue.

I setup another test..   Of 15 identd requests sent, 0 replies were
received.
Didn't matter which server was getting the request nothing would go back
out..

What could be blocking these packets from leaving?
Anything i should check into?
running version 1.22

Thanks
Edward