[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sebastian Jaeger <gerdroot at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0-list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall with USB Printserver
 Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:50:29 +0200
Hi,

i want to run a m0n0wall but i need to share my Canon i560 Printer in
the local Network. This could be possible with an external Print Server.
But thats the point, external Print servers cost a huge amount of money
and its almost ridiculous that you get a full featured ADSL Router with

Is there any possibility to run a printserver with/on m0n0wall. I saw

to teach m0n0wall acting as a printserver. It would save me money and it
would save me money again for the power-bill ;-) also it would save me
one device on the desk.

Any possibilities or suggestions? (anyone who has a cheap usb
printserver for sale is also welcome, haha ;-))

Or could it be done with m0n0-Bsd? But then i would loose the damn good
config-interface i guess, would be hard work then ;-)

thanks in advance
with kind regards Sebastian