[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'Sebastian Jaeger'" <gerdroot at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall with USB Printserver
 Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:12:32 +0100
> i want to run a m0n0wall but i need to share my Canon i560
> Printer in the local Network. This could be possible with an
> external Print Server.

I'd strongly recommend that if you have a PC running most of the time,
you're far better connecting the printer directly to it and using SMB
sharing with the printer.

You'll find that most print servers won't allow you to fiddle with some of
the extra parameters on the printer, and certainly if you ever want to hook
up a multifunction device (fax/printer/scanner) to one of 'em, you'll be
disappointed.

Regards,

Chris