[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at xunity dot com>
 To:  "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at xunity dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Asterisk@Home with SIP
 Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:27:01 -0400
Wow, thanks to everyone that has replied...

I opened the Firewall ports, I specified the settings for Asterisk to use the external IP properly
(as per instructions)... Just doesn't seem to go... I can make outbound calls no problem, I can even
have outside clients make outbound calls... Just can't get the inbound Trunk to work...

And when I call the telecom provider, they say they support only AIX for Asterisk@Home users... SIP
is too advanced! Argh!

I have a sneaky suspicion that my Telecom provider does not provide anything BUT AIX connections for
inbound trunks... they didn't even want to talk to me about SIP...

The reason I emailed the list was that I just wanted to make sure that Monowall is not the problem,
it's a config problem on my end, OR the telecom provider... They are switching me to AIX and we will
see where it goes from there... I hope there are no features I will be missing because of this.

Thanks again to everyone...

Regards,

Chuck