[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Phillips <g7ltt at g7ltt dot com>
 To:  Chuck Mariotti <cmariotti at xunity dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Asterisk@Home with SIP
 Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:06:29 -0400
Are you NATing?

This is the most common cause of SIP failure. I run AAH here via a WRAP
based m0n0Wall and all is well.

Make sure you have the SIP-NAT workaround stuff detailed in your
sip.conf file. Mine looks like this;

[general]
port = 5060                       ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 192.168.201.15         ; Address to bind to
localnet = 192.168.201.0/24       ; Internal NETWORK address
;externhost = g7ltt.dyndns.org     ; Address for NAT'd SIP messages
;externrefresh = 10
externip = 68.196.143.250
nat = no
srvlookup = yes                   ; Enable DNS lookups
context = from-sip-external
dtmfmode = inband
disallow = all

If you have a dynamic address then use the externhost/externrefresh
settings. If you have a static address use the externip setting. Also,
make sure nat=no is set other wise you'll do the NAT workaround to your
internal phones and they will cease to work.

Make sure that you set nat=yes in the part that configures the the ITSP.

Hope that helps.

Mark

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 14:27 -0400, Chuck Mariotti wrote:
> Wow, thanks to everyone that has replied...
>
> I opened the Firewall ports, I specified the settings for Asterisk to use the external IP properly
(as per instructions)... Just doesn't seem to go... I can make outbound calls no problem, I can even
have outside clients make outbound calls... Just can't get the inbound Trunk to work...

> And when I call the telecom provider, they say they support only AIX for Asterisk@Home users...
SIP is too advanced! Argh!

> I have a sneaky suspicion that my Telecom provider does not provide anything BUT AIX connections
for inbound trunks... they didn't even want to talk to me about SIP...

> The reason I emailed the list was that I just wanted to make sure that Monowall is not the
problem, it's a config problem on my end, OR the telecom provider... They are switching me to AIX
and we will see where it goes from there... I hope there are no features I will be missing because
of this.

> Thanks again to everyone...
>
> Regards,
>
> Chuck