[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Neuman van der Hans <alex at nkpanama dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Asterisk@Home with SIP
 Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:58:59 -0500
Isn't AIX "better" than SIP?

Mark Phillips wrote:
> Are you NATing?
>
> This is the most common cause of SIP failure. I run AAH here via a WRAP
> based m0n0Wall and all is well.
>
> Make sure you have the SIP-NAT workaround stuff detailed in your
> sip.conf file. Mine looks like this;
>
> [general]
> port = 5060                       ; Port to bind to
> bindaddr = 192.168.201.15         ; Address to bind to
> localnet = 192.168.201.0/24       ; Internal NETWORK address
> ;externhost = g7ltt.dyndns.org     ; Address for NAT'd SIP messages
> ;externrefresh = 10
> externip = 68.196.143.250
> nat = no
> srvlookup = yes                   ; Enable DNS lookups
> context = from-sip-external
> dtmfmode = inband
> disallow = all
>
> If you have a dynamic address then use the externhost/externrefresh
> settings. If you have a static address use the externip setting. Also,
> make sure nat=no is set other wise you'll do the NAT workaround to your
> internal phones and they will cease to work.
>
> Make sure that you set nat=yes in the part that configures the the ITSP.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Mark
>

> On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 14:27 -0400, Chuck Mariotti wrote:
>
>> Wow, thanks to everyone that has replied...
>>
>> I opened the Firewall ports, I specified the settings for Asterisk to use the external IP
properly (as per instructions)... Just doesn't seem to go... I can make outbound calls no problem, I
can even have outside clients make outbound calls... Just can't get the inbound Trunk to work...

>> And when I call the telecom provider, they say they support only AIX for Asterisk@Home users...
SIP is too advanced! Argh!

>> I have a sneaky suspicion that my Telecom provider does not provide anything BUT AIX connections
for inbound trunks... they didn't even want to talk to me about SIP...

>> The reason I emailed the list was that I just wanted to make sure that Monowall is not the
problem, it's a config problem on my end, OR the telecom provider... They are switching me to AIX
and we will see where it goes from there... I hope there are no features I will be missing because
of this.

>> Thanks again to everyone...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Chuck