[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Alberto Moreno" <portsbsd at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Setup Monowall on WatchGuard Firebox 700 USB Memory.
 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:44:06 +0200
It's possible to run m0n0wall from USB-thumbdrive if the bios of the machine supports booting from
USB. Just write the standard pc image to it. I have used it that way already. In case your system
doesn't support boot from usb get one of the really cheap ide-cf-adaptors. Those are recognized as
harddisk once installed and don't need special settings/biossupport. I can recommend the ones
pc-engines ( http://pcengines.ch/cflash.htm ) sells but there is not too much magic with these
adaptors so basically any vendor of these should work.

Holger

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit