[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Phillips <g7ltt at g7ltt dot com>
 To:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Asterisk@Home with SIP
 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:47:42 -0400
This advice is WRONG.

You not only need to forward port 5060 but also your RTP ports as well
(10K to 20K by AAH default). Without any RTP you'll get a call setup
correctly but no audio will flow.

When using IAX2 you only need forward port 4569 to your Asterisk server.
You should check with your ITSP which version of IAX he supports. It's
probably IAX2 (been around since Asterisk V1) but it could be IAX if
he's on older software (pre V1).