[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall just a router
 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:41:35 -0400
On 4/25/06, Jose Eduardo <joseeduardo at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have this situation:
>
> Internet   ----  |Linux|  ----  LAN   ----   |Monowall|   ----  MyOtherSite
>
> I'm using monowall as a router. How I can configure a "default route" from
> monowall to linux?

The interface facing the Linux/LAN side needs to be the WAN interface.
 Then fill in the default gateway for the WAN.

If you want a true router, no NAT done by m0n0wall, you need to enable
advanced outbound NAT without any rules on that page to disable NAT
(also see FAQ on disabling NAT).  You'll also need a static route on
the Linux machine pointing the MyOtherSite subnet to the WAN IP of
m0n0wall.

-Chris