[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Feature Request - CF writes counter
 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2006 23:19:38 -0400
re: compact flash counter in system status screen to keep count of how
many times the CF card has been written to.

I don't know if this can be done, or even if it is neccessary, but it
occurred to me while reading an article on CF cards. The article
mentioned something along the lines of 50,000 writes before
potentially going bad. I personally have no idea how often I have
written to my CF card over the last year...probably less than 100
times, but in an environment of constant change this might be useful
??

~ Don