[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jonas_=D6hman?=" <jonas dot ohman at blixtmail dot se>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Whats wrong I need some help plz!!!
 Date:  Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:45:49 +0500
if you take a look  at http://m0n0ip/status_interfaces.php you should
find out if you have an ip address from your isp. If you have no IP
address then reboot your modem and then your firewall.
This pge will also give you the WAN gateway ip.
Try to ping the gateway from the m0n0 webgui
http://m0n0ip/diag_ping.php. This will tell you whether the problem is
with the m0n0 or your LAN/PC

sai

> As the topic says. I need help to figure out whats wrong with my setup or if it's some other
strange problem.

> My problem is like this..
>
> I have a dynamic ip form my isp and using DHCP to recive a lease from the server.
>
> I got a "valid" ip in my Interface screen.
>
> BUT I'm not able to access the internet or trace or ping any other host only on LAN side...
>
> Have been trying to force static ip and no success. I have tried to enter the DNS servers manualy
and still same problem.

> Don't know if i'm right on this one but i used to have another isp with static ip and the "
arptable" had some entrys like gateway and so on.

> Now nothing is there besides lan stuff
>
> Please help me if you can... Btw my HW setup works like a charm without no hassle  with like ipcop
or smoothwall. BUT i dont want to use them