[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Dugas <paul at dugas dot cc>
 Subject:  Re: PPTP MTU Problem
 Date:  Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:50:17 -0400
On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 14:04 -0400, Paul Dugas wrote:
> At home:
>   [laptop] <-> {home} <-> [m0n0-1.21] <-pppoe-> {ISP}
>
> At work:
>   {office} <-> [m0n0-1.2] <-> {dmz} <-> [netopia] <-pppoe-> {ISP}

Figured I'd follow up on this to the list in case if comes up for
someone else.  My systems are described by the "drawing" above.  I'm
trying to setup a PPTP tunnel from [laptop] (a WinXP machine) to the
{office} network.

I will be headed to the office today to make a change to the Netopia.
It's currently setup forward traffic that hits it's WAN interface to the
WAN interface of the m0n0 box.  It seems that I made an invalid
assumption when setting this up as it's only really forwarding TCP and
UDP traffic (not GRE).  I will be changing things today to get the
Netopia out of the way.

Cross your fingers for me.

Paul
--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer                Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas dot cc        phone: 404-932-1355     522 Black Canyon Park