[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marko Vukovic <marko at aquamanta dot co dot za>
 To:  Andres 3482 <reconquistense3482 at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] vpn dynamic ip question
 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:22:52 +0200
On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 13:55 +0000, Andres 3482 wrote:
> Hi Marko!
>
> Recently have been received this mail.
> So that, our needs of VPN with dynamic IPs... is still not covered by
> monowall...

Hi Andrés!

I think that this will work for us, but it will involve a manual change
to the config because the GUI only allows IP addresses.
So what we need to do is:

1) Configure both ends with dynamic DNS hostnames.
2) Download and edit your config.xml and replace the IP address within
the <remote-gateway></remote-gateway> tags with the FQDN of the remote
end.
3) Save the file and restore to your firewall (See Backup/Restore
section under Diagnostics for this and 2) above).

*NOTE* I have not tried this yet so I'm not sure if it will work.

Ciao
--
Marko