[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Schoonover <schoon at amgt dot com>
 To:  "M0n0wall (E-mail)" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SafeNetLT VPN ->M0n0 Tunnel Problems
 Date:  Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:03:57 -0700
Thanks for reading!

I'm using SafeNetLT VPN to a M0n0 1.0, and have run into a problem where the
ipsec tunnel can run for hours, but then will no longer work. The error
message from M0n0 log is this:

racoon: ERROR: proposal.c:491:cmpsatrns(): trns_id mismatched: my:3 peer:12

I was connected over the VPN just fine for about 6 hours, but when I tried
to use my system over the VPN at a later time, it was if the tunnel had
collapsed, I can't route packets though the VPN connection. SafeNetLT
connects, then the SafeNetLT log will have the following when traffic tries
to reach my remote network:

4-26: 17:21:13.942 My Connections\AMGT - SENDING>>>> ISAKMP OAK INFO *(HASH,
NOTIFY:INVALID_SPI)

I've Googled both error messages, and the best that I can tell is M0n0 is
having some difficulties renegotiating a key. I'm not exactly sure what key
it's looking for, or what to do next.

Any ideas??

Much thanks.

Mark