[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] zero-bit subnet
 Date:  Thu, 27 Apr 2006 01:31:29 -0400
On 4/27/06, Paul Dugas <paul at dugas dot cc> wrote:
> Here's weird one...  I'm working to get a ISP supplied DSL modem/router
> out of the path between my m0n0 and the Internet.  The router has an AP
> in it that I want to use so I'm reluctant to put it in bridge mode and
> that would disable the AP.

What I'd do is bridge the modem, disable the wireless, and buy a cheap
AP.  It's not like it's a great AP built into those.  The $75 will
save you a lot of headaches.  I've messed around with too many various
Netopia DSL modems/routers, it's easiest if you just bridge the thing
and forget it has wireless.

-Chris