[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christian Schubert <parnassos at sailhorse dot in dash berlin dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  mono connected only an WAN
 Date:  Fri, 28 Apr 2006 07:45:14 +0200
Hi all,

I want to connect my monowall only with the WAN Port to the network. The
task for the monowall is to tunnel guest
notebooks from the internal network to the internet.

The setup:
The guest plug in theirs notebooks in the internal monowall (mw1). Mw1
allocate a OpenVPN tunnel to the external monowall (mw2) without
natting. Mw2 is behind the firewall and has a public IP.

The tunnel between the 2 monowalls is up and work well. On the
external monowall (public IP) I can see the request from the notebook
(private IP) and not more. I think NAT is missing

Question:
But how can I configure the external monowall with IP 2.3.23.234 to
bring all the traffic from the notebooks to the internet and back?
Any ideas?

Thanks you for your help in advance.

CHristian