[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Marascalchi_Zenun?= <andre dot zenun at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall setup with iso image
 Date:  Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:28:45 -0300
Hello!!

It's my first try with m0n0wall. I download the ISO version. I have
setup a computer with a floppy disk and a CD-ROM driver as is described
in the link http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/installation_cdrom.php.

I can access the console of m0n0wall without problem, and when I try to
setup the interfaces I can see that m0n0wall is able to detect the
interfaces using the auto-detect function.

The problem is that I'm not able to access the webGUI or ping it after I
detect and setup the LAN ip address!

In this site
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET I can
see that my ethernet cards are supported by this release of FreeBSD used
in m0n0wall.

Ethernet controller: D-Link System Inc DL10050 Sundance Ethernet (rev 14)
Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro 100] (rev 08)

I have captured this from the linux that is installed in this computer.
I have also connected a computer with ethereal using a cross-over
ethernet cable to check if m0n0wall was sending some packets, but all I
was able do see was arp packets from my computer!

Well if some one could give me some tips of what else can I do I'll be
very grateful!

Thanks!!

--

andre dot zenun at gmail dot com