[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall setup with iso image
 Date:  Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:30:29 -0400

> In the console menu have the option 1 that identify the network cards,
> there I have "setup" the two network cards of the m0n0wall pc. I don't
> know if this will help, but it identify my network cards as this "LAN
> --> fxp0" and "wan --> ste0".

Ok, so your LAN interface is the Intel card.  Just verify and make
sure it indeed is plugged into the right NIC.

My other thought at this point is a bad floppy disk and/or drive.
It's been a while since I've used a CD/floppy setup, but IIRC, you
have to reboot after the assign interfaces portion.  If it can't write
the config to the floppy, you'll lose it at reboot.  You can put that
floppy into any PC (it's FAT formatted) and see if there's a
config.xml file in a conf directory.

-Chris