[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Brett Maxfield" <Brett dot Maxfield at citec dot com dot au>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall freebsd vs netbsd
 Date:  Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:44:38 -0400
On 4/27/06, Brett Maxfield <Brett dot Maxfield at citec dot com dot au> wrote:

> Hmm.. Would m0n0wall run on netbsd ?
>
> Thinking that the netbsd runs on more embedded platforms than freebsd, and
> shares most of the the same pool of user applications.
>
> Cheers
> Brett

This thread has all the makings of a holy-war :)

There have been many threads in the past about this subject...or at
least whether the OS platform should be changed. Linux vs. FreeBSD vs.
OpenBSD vs. NetBSD. While I am far from a developer and even farther
from a *nix propellar-head, I am pretty sure the reasons fro not
changing were mostly to do with PF vs. IPF vs. IPCHAIN's. With a
little effort (searching the archives) I am sure you will find the
reason.

~ Don