[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] No Upload speed with new Monowall installation
 Date:  Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:12:38 -0500
Padraigh Holohan wrote:
> i have just set up my first Monowall installation. I have this board
> between my dsl modem and my wireless router. Before I installed the
> Monowall, my download speed was 2.5bmit and upload was 250-300kbps.
> Now after installing the Monowall board my download is only 1.27mbit
> and I have no upload. I have only set up the monowall step by step as
> described on the website. I have also used the magic traffic shaper
> to manage the p2p traffic. What could be wrong?

Nothing is "wrong". You have turned on the traffic shaper. This will, by
design, impact the upload and download speed of your connection.

On what platform are you running m0n0wall? This can also impact the
performance of the traffic shaper. (i.e. a old Pentium will not perform
as well as a P4)

The lack of upload speed makes me thing your upload traffic is going
into one of the low/blocked queues.

James W. McKeand