[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brett Maxfield" <Brett dot Maxfield at citec dot com dot au>
 To:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall freebsd vs netbsd
 Date:  Tue, 2 May 2006 13:44:34 +1000
I am thinking of better embedded device support, primarily. I might just
give it a go if I get bored one day, and see if it works.

I was thinking that NetBSD has a similar heritage to FreeBSD (and would
support similar software protocols etc.,), so it would not be as big a
jump, as to Linux & iptables (NetBSD has better embedded device support,
and runs on more platforms).

I am presuming NetBSD and FreeBSD share a more common heritage, either
philosophically speaking or literally.

Ah, but there is still probably a whole other FreeBSD - NetBSD holy war
also :)

Cheers
Brett