[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: FW: [m0n0wall] Question re static IPs and DHCP
 Date:  Wed, 3 May 2006 13:17:23 -0400
On 5/3/06, Scott Karch <scott dot k at facilitywiz dot com> wrote:
> Chris, Thank you VERY much for your help, that answers that very well.
>
> Unfortunately, now I see another problem. We just got a second T1 we'll be
> using BGP to share the C Subnet. A C class subnet is the smallest subnet you
> can use BGP with. Any thoughts on getting this working. Get a /30 from each
> ISP for each T1 and use 2 m0n0walls.. one for each T1?

This gets a lot more complicated...

In this situation the best thing might be to give the router the .1
IP, use it as the gateway for the subnet, and put in a bridging
m0n0wall between your network and the router.  That'll be the cleanest
solution in this case.
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/examples-filtered-bridge.html

-Chris