[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Marascalchi_Zenun?= <andre dot zenun at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] weird problem!
 Date:  Wed, 03 May 2006 16:26:25 -0300
Well, I have reduced the MTU of the client and no change!! One thing
that I forgot to tell is that I can ping www.google.com and
www.uol.com.br but I can't access it in the browser! :s

This is just too strange!! Connecting the computer to a switch I can
access everything! Without problem! The problem is when I combine the
m0n0wall + plc network!

A just can't imagine why just SOME websites are unreachable!!

Lee Sharp escreveu:

>> Well folks, what I have here're a test topology. I'm using m0n0wall with
>> PLC equipments (Powerline Communications).
>> I would like to m0n0wall work with VLANs, and the LAN interface was
>> configured like this, using vlan. And I don't know why now that I
>> disabled VLANs I can access this web sites!
>
>> But is weird, because I can access this sites when I connect the
>> computer directly to the switch! And when connected in the PLC modem I
>> don't access this web sites! But just those web sites! And just when the
>> LAN interface of m0n0wall have VLAN. Without VLAN works fine! :s
>
>> Any tip about why this is happening?
>
> I think V-lan tagging takes space in the packet.  So drop the MTU on
> the client, and I bet it works.  Just sounds too much like an MTU
> problem.
>
>                        Lee

andre dot zenun at gmail dot com

Tel: +55 48 9115-5569