[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  scott dot k at facilitywiz dot com (Scott Karch)
 To:  "'Chris Buechler'" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: FW: [m0n0wall] Question re static IPs and DHCP
 Date:  Wed, 3 May 2006 15:07:44 -0500
Thanks for all the great advise. The fanless PCs ( 2 of them ) I bought from
Logic Source are only 2 NIC machines with no easy way of adding a 3rd port
permanently. I could open the case and add a PCI nic card for the LAN and
then remove it once the whole thing is finished leaving only the WAN and OPT
ports. Is it possible to configure the filtered-bridge without a 3rd nic
port? I'm wondering if I can switch the LAN interface to a bridged
interface.

If I need to return them and get 4 port versions, I can do that. Once
operational I only need 2 not 3 ports. Our Watchguard only has the WAN and
DMZ ports active so I guessed I could skimp and get by with 2 ports with
this.