[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  SMTP and NAT
 Date:  Thu, 04 May 2006 10:55:12 +1000
Hi All

I have a mail server on my local LAN that I NAT port 25 to.

I have since added another Mail server (for testing) in my DMZ

I have setup DNS records and MX records for this mail server.
Pinging/nslookup on the DNS name gives me the correct IP.

When I try to tellnet to my mail server (From out side of monowall) in
the DMZ on port 25, the connection is made to the mail server in the
LAN. eg I type telnet 203.xxx.xxx.xxx 25 and the connection is made to
the mailserver on my LAN

I have a rule at the top of my list allowing access to port 25 on the IP
address of my new mail server in the DMZ

Are the NAT rules executed first?

How do I make sure that the correct mail server is connected to?

Thanks

Mark