[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SMTP and NAT
 Date:  Wed, 3 May 2006 21:09:32 -0400
On 5/3/06, Mark Wass <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com> wrote:
> I have a rule at the top of my list allowing access to port 25 on the IP
> address of my new mail server in the DMZ
> Are the NAT rules executed first?

NAT is first.  Your NAT rule for port 25 has to point to the proper
server, and you have to have a firewall rule permitting the traffic.

> How do I make sure that the correct mail server is connected to?

You make it sound like you have two SMTP servers and one public IP.
You can't open port 25 on one IP to two different internal hosts.  You
either need a second IP for the second server, or setup the first
server to accept mail for the second and relay to it for its domains.